Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday 6 May 2018

Potato Pancake for Breakfast ( Gamja-jeon ; 감자전)





Image result for baekhyun cooking gif

Hello~

Today's recipe is I made a Potato Pancake (gamjajeon) or fritters. Gamjajeon or potato pancake is a variety of jeon, or Korean style pancake, made by pan-frying finely grated potato on a frying pan with any type of vegetable oil until golden brown.

This dish is so simple to make yet so delicious. It's a great side dish and appetizer. Crispy with soft inside. I took 30 minutes when making this.

I got this recipe from Maangchi. I'm a huge fan of Maangchi! I really hope I can make Jajangmyeon though, since the restaurant is far from where I lived. 

When I saw her Potato Pancake, I knew that I had to make this for breakfast really quick and see how it turns out. Breakfast is really important so make sure don't miss it!

It's my first time making this and I think that mine is not so bad, isn't it? it looks good right? hehe I cried a lil when I grated the onion. The smell when I cooking the pancake is soo good, especially when it's combined with onion. Maangchi said onion is really a good combination with potato huhu



It tastes so goood



Ingredient :

1 large potato
1/4 cup grated onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup vegetable oil. (I used any oil that I have in ma kitchen)


1. Grate the potato and onion.

2. Put the grated potato and onion in a bowl. Add salt, corn starch ( you can use potato starch if you have it) and mix it together.

3. Heat up 9 - 12 inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat.

4. Add the oil and swirl the pan around to coat it evenly. Add the potato mixture and spread it thinly on the pan.

5. Cook a few minute until the bottom of the pancake turns crispy and light golden brown.

6. Turn it over with a spatula. Add the oil to the edge of the pancake and tilt it so that the oil spreads underneath the pancake. Let it cook until the bottom of the pancakes turns golden brown.

8. Transfer it to a plate and serve hot with sauce. (I used life chilli sauce).





Is it too golden? haha




No comments:

Post a Comment