Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday 20 January 2019

Duolingo Review : Korean Language




I'm sure everybody knows Doulingo, a learning languages website for free, forever.

However, this is my own opinion and review about Duolingo. I've been learning the Korean language for about 6 months and I want to share with you guys the Pros and cons of Duolingo. You can learn many languages with this application on phone or on website.




Pros of Duolingo :

  • It's free. You don't have to pay to learn.
  • Each lesson you learn, have a variety of speaking, listening, translation, and multiple choice challenges. It's easier for me to study Hangul when there is a speaking voice. I can catch up pretty quick of what they said and the translation also helps me a lot!
  • You can add many friends and interact with them.
  • Really fun learning. They have a note for you as well and if you level up you can get a lingot. Lingot is the Duolingo virtual currency. The more you learn, the more lingot you can use in the store. Currently, I have 58 lingots.
  • Convenience. You can download the application on phone and learn any language, anywhere and anytime.

Cons of Duolingo :

  • The program progresses in set stages and introduces vocabulary in each subject such as animals, food, jobs, adjective. Sometimes the sentences you are exposed to, in a large number of early lessons, are essentially nonsensical. For example, I've come across such sentences as "the animal write a letter", "bed is food", the dog is singing".
  • I always take note of every lesson, but now I get too lazy and then I forgot what I learn. After Duolingo updated their interface. I can't click on the previous lesson anymore. I have to learn all of it over again.
  • You'll only be exposed to short phrases and sentences.

Look at my notebook. What do you guys think about my handwriting? ðŸ˜‚


 



I don't think there's a lot of cons though. I honestly enjoy learning a new language with Duolingo. It's free and you can learn anytime. There is a lot of languages you can learn too and I hope that I can finish my Korean lesson as soon as possible. Wish me luck! Haha.



Image result for baekhyun hwaiting gif

No comments:

Post a Comment